Thursday 15 January 2009

Drill, Drill and Drill again.

It's been a while. We've had Christmas and the usual inactivity that happens. But now it's time to get back into the habit of writing. My apologies if this is tedious, but I am forcing myself to write- otherwise I'll just take my sword in hand, wander into the sunset and not talk about how fun everything is.

What has happened in the world of HemaGoth? To be honest, not much. I've had my first freeplay using Longsword. I like it. That's about as much as I can say right now.

I'm starting to feel the need to push myself. My second intentions are poor, my identification and forcing of openings is poor. The basic body mechanics are there, but I'm more of a reactive than a pro-active fighter.

1 comment:

  1. Hello HemaGoth,

    Reactive fencing is where everybody starts.

    It takes a lot of time to build towards 2nd & 3rd intent with a blade... it can take years to get there.

    Some never make that breakthough, others find it in short order. I fell in-between those two extremes in my personal journey of becoming a swordsman in the modern world.

    The first time you use 2nd intent (and it works)you're going to have such a rush. Enjoy it when it comes.

    Cheers,

    BBB

    ReplyDelete