Thursday 14 April 2016

Quiet, but not gone.

I guess it is time to fill people in on everything.  Basically the club has been going from strength to strength. We have a good group, newbie turnover is a little too high for my liking but once we get someone for a month or so, they stay. We are suffering from a lack of space... Which is a nicer problem than an empty hall.

I'm happy in my role of assistant coach/TA and will be pushing some of the guys to start their own interpretations and look into texts that interest them.  This will make my role as the 'odd' one a lot more rewarding.

The guys themselves are good. I won't say the best, but they fence with passion, enthusiasm and good grace. Which is far more important than perfect play.

Also lots more good news, I'm starting discussions to get a sword made, I am one of the lucky ones to get into Fightcamp, despite its phenomenal popularity.  We should have a fairly decent turnout. 4 confirmed, 3 or 4 in reserves. Club logos and hoodies are almost ready to order. Ideas for a trophy, to add to last year's medals. (Awarded for making Fightcamp the kind of event we love)

So, hopefully I'll keep this up for a while, try to spread the joy a little more rather than keeping it all to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment