Wednesday 21 August 2019

Parsing Fightcamp

My girlfriend is disabled,  She has also been sexually assaulted ("touched up") by my esteemed and honourable embezzler of funds when he was a teacher. If he wasn't a massive cunt, she would have a skill and experience at least equal to mine.

She was SG-3, she chose Middleton to be her Moriarty- she's one of us with new eyes and old memories.

She had her first open competiion at Fightcamp this year. Dropped out after her first bout- which she was happy to lose, and will be happier when she sees the video- her first bout was at the hands of a very good fencer and the eventual winner of the pool. The shit between it:

She needed a moment because she was expecting 5 exchanges, and someone said 6th. There were tears a breather and a lot of frustration with herself... and patronising bullshit from the sidelines and the "judges".

The judges made many shit calls- I was cornering for a newbie and there were no rules that allowed me to intervene or tear them a new one, I saw flat blows. Abuse of the afterblow rule (foot didn't move- it was still in time). Halt called and ignored enough times that if I had the power, I would have ended the pool and disqualified everyone who didn't.

I am angry that I told someone who left HEMA 10 years ago and only just has a tenuous grasp on a wonderful hobby, that she was right to pull out of the feder competition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment