Wednesday 29 February 2012

I really need to get back into the swing.

I'm really starting to resent the winter hibernation. My last really proper session was at Rapier 2011, I had a few casual bits between then and when the nights started to draw in. Then.. nothing beyond the occasional solo drill/cutting practice.

This why venues are one of the main issues- very few people have a home big enough to duel indoors and as far as I know (and the reactions we've had from the police) we're not breaking any bylaws or any actual laws when we play in the park. As long as we're discrete and don't threaten random strangers. Once you have the equipment in place, this is a very cheap hobby. Most people teach for love, fun or beer money- or all three. Few actually make a living from it.

I have a great opportunity, done well/honestly it will be repeatable and once I do the first one, the rest will be stressful but easy. Well, not stressful- since stress is what happens if you cannot fight or run away.

What's that quote from Silver?

Something like you say the English go back too much? I'll be here, on the scaffold.. blahdy blahdy blah.. all weapons. blah blah..

No comments:

Post a Comment