Thursday 25 July 2019

4 down, 56 to go.

It's the Fightcamp planning spree and inbetween comittee and club stuff, constantly more complicated life stuff and so on...  It has always been hard keeping the blog- But nkw harder than ever because things I want to rant about is too sensitive, so it passes without comment until it is no. longer topical. A lot of the stuff I do now has to respect the trust and some weird authority other people have given me.. Been a very long time since I was just a well intentioned idiot with a sword and a copy of Guy Windsor.

I am taking a little time to reflect about the stuff I love-

This year, 2 more of my guys have been invited to teach. We have a lass who will be ready to teach sword and buckler next year.  Another of the ladies is capable of teaching a class worthy of Fightcamp - and  would have run it at Renaissance Rumble.

On the newer end, we have competitors who are eager to throw themselves in at the deep end. My girlfriend is ready to fulfil a promise she made to herself last year and has been (almost) equally scared and joyful when she realises that it's real and a possibility. We have competitors and those who are going for the sheer joy of learning stuff they never get a chance to try.

It is hard to say how proud I am and how far we (I) have come from the uber shinai at the gunpowder mills.

No comments:

Post a Comment