Friday 20 July 2012

Index cards everywhere...

I have index cards all over the place. Some completely nonsensical, others repeating the same things in slightly different ways. I've been assured that this is a natural stage of development during an interpretation.

I'm also typing chapters up so I can extract the relevant information and collate it all into themes. Which should make my note taking a less haphazard experience since I won't be working from something that jumps from concept to concept- 90% of the stuff doesn't really concern itself with the guard your working from, it can be applied (more or less) to any guard and although there are recommended guards for certain things, they all tie back to bits mentioned in true guard.

However, this is the chief issue I've (still) got at the moment, and I think I will keep being irritated by it until I can find an answer or Swetnam: the second edition.  I know I've mentioned this before and I am repeating it so I can remember to look around for things that may fit the descriptions.

I might here in this place describe many wards or guards at the sword and dagger, as the looke ward the iron ward the hanging ward the cross ward, three high guards, the low guard, the broad ward.  I will a little touch them all, or the most part of them with words, although not with pictures. But in the next impression more at large both with words and with pictures.

 Cross ward and broad ward are covered in the rapier and dagger. The low guard could just be another name for the lazy- but maybe not.

3 high guards- Maybe the 2 described in his stokkata guard section, which leaves one missing.  (which could be the broad ward in prime- leaving broad ward in second to be the real broad ward)

Look Ward, Iron Ward and Hanging Ward.... all I really know for sure is that they're oriented for a predominantly cutting fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment